Thursday, May 4, 2017

Dang Blogrolls

I'm having some trouble with my blog.  The list that shows on my "blog manage" page has 24 blogs that I follow and love.  The list on my blog page in the blog roll that goes down the left side only shows 16 of those.

The blogs that don't show up are:

# 1 Summer's End
# 2 Interim Arrangements
# 3 Luncindaville
# 4 My Lily Pad
# 5 Salt On My Tongue
# 6 Stuff From Ellen's Head
# 7 The Accidental Thanatologist
# 8 The Dishwashers Tears

These are all blogs that I love and they show up on my "feed" whenever they post. Otherwise I would not know they posted and therefore could not comment and I am able to successfully do that, and do. All 24 are listed as "following publicly".
Even when I copy one and then erase it and put it in again and hit "public"..........it still won't show up on my blog page.
ARGGHH!
Does anyone know how I can get them to show up on my blog?
I have been trying for 3 days, every single thing that I can think off.  I even deleted some of them off the manage page and posted them again to see if that would work....nothing.  Its driving me crazy !!!!

I don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt, but I am at my wits end.
HELP!!!!


15 comments:

  1. What happened?

    PS - I took my own advice and deleted someone off my blogroll. I have been reading this blog for a couple of years now and not once has a comment been left on mine. I tried to let it go but I'm done. So there ya go. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how this happened or why Blogger is such an asshole (sorry).

      Yeah, it's heartbreaking, but living with the "what the heck?!" is even hard than the delete. And you can always go back.

      Delete
  2. This is the reason I left Blogger. But Wordpress isn't much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, remember when Wordpress wouldn't let me comment on you a little while ago? You just can't trust technology :)

      Delete
  3. I had trouble for a while with the blogroll thing on Blogger, but it eventually righted itself. I wouldn't worry about hurting people's feelings -- especially because you can always comment on their blogs and let them know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that weird? It does sometimes correct itself, and then eventually it does something wonky again.
      Yes, I can do that thing, but there are tender souls who need to see their name there...I think you probably remember one..hahaha

      Delete
  4. Hi Liv - I just found your blog a few days ago and haven't been commenting yet. But your Blogger problem might be something I can help with. I'll start with one suggestion, and if it doesn't work, I'll see what else I can come up with.

    On your dashboard, click on "view blog" - that should be in the upper left hand corner. This brings you to your home page just as your readers would see it, but since it's your blog, you will see the "tools" icon at the bottom of your bloglist. Click on that, and it will open a box for fixing your list. Near the top is a tiny box that allows you to type in the number of blogs you want in your list. If you leave it blank, your entire bloglist should show up. Don't forget to scroll down to the bottom of that big box and click on Save to make the change work. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'm going to try that as soon as I wake up..
      I'll bet it works, it just sounds right.
      I'm so glad to meet you Jenny, thanks for stopping by and thanks for the info!

      Delete
    2. Jenny, that is fascinating. I did what you said, but it did not lead me to a tiny box that allows me to type in numbers. So I closed it out and did it again and it came in a little different with all the blogs that were missing highlighted in yellow, then the word save at the bottom. I clicked save and now they all show up. At least I think that is what I did, but who knows. Anyway, I couldn't have done that without your help so Thank You!!

      Delete
    3. Hooray!! I'm glad you fixed it!

      I was kind of thinking that our dashboards or info boxes might be different (and it seems they are) because you started your blog long before I did. I have a feeling there are older and newer versions of Blogger in use.

      But all's well that ends well! And it's nice to meet you too :)

      Delete
    4. You too, Jenny. :)
      And thanks again.

      Delete
  5. Good advice from Jenny. I hope you sorted it.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Sorted. All are gathered round the camp fire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are good people!
    Loved your recipes, Rachel. Write more! :)

    ReplyDelete