Sunday, May 10, 2015

seeing another world

                                                  
                                                    
          My Mom with my brother and sister and me, lower right corner
                                              Beverly Fisher 1928 - 2015

Happy Mother's Day to all the lovely moms whose blogs I read and who share their joys and their sorrows and their insights with me. I learn from you and laugh with you and occasionally cry with you.  And it all makes me a better mother.  Thank you.

It is not a happy day here except vicariously through your joy..  Last night was a hard night, with excuses and  entreaties and lots of pain on both sides. Addiction doesn't always take time off for holidays. E is gone for the day to give me time in peace and I hope to try to find her way, if only for one day. But next weekend might bring a celebration when enough time has passed to sweeten Love.

And no matter what, being a mom is divine, it brings a lot of gifts and a lot of Love under many  different guises.

But today is also a day to take time to remember and send Love to mothers who are truly suffering all over the world, on a day that maybe belongs to them, more than any of us
.
Mothers in shelters. Mothers separated from their children for reasons they don't understand.  Mothers grieving at the graves of departed children gone before their time and mothers sitting at the beds of terminally ill children.  Mothers in prison and mothers separated from their children because of their own addiction.  Mothers mourning children who have been taken by spouses who's whereabouts are not known and mothers, without hope, holding hungry babies in refugee camps. Mothers trying to console children hurt in ways neither they nor we can reason nor understand. All mothers suffering every where in this world.   And most especially to mothers who today have lost a child.

                                            
                                                                source unknown

              It is an honor to acknowledge them today and to wish them peace and Love and solace.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful reminder and plea. Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Liv, what a lovely way you have of expressing yourself in words.. I am so sorry for you that after all those years and doing so much for the house, you had to leave because he wanted to realise his bloody pension... however I am glad you have found another place.. but most of all, I am happy that you managed to make peace with your mother, and for all that failed, you managed to bridge it in her last days.. and the gift of hope is an enormous one and so precious. I hope that it will sustain you as you have time apart from your girl and let her manage her life away from you. It must be so hard to let go and let her live alone again. I am thinking of you, and how in the middle of everything that is going on, you found time to write about my dear dog leaving us. You are a true friend my dear and your words did help so much** You take good care of yourself and lets hear more about how you are managing in this new and exciting stage of your life.. hugs from across the pond, your friend J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sentiments for Mother's Day. Hope you find happiness, you sound like a wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know where comments go sometimes. But several just disappeared and all of my return comments did too....?

    But, thank you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John,
    I hope you mean it touched a tender spot as you are a very tender person, I can clearly see.
    Thank you, John for stopping by x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am moved by this post. Life is hard, but there is still beauty if we can just find enough strength to lift up our weary heads to see it. And by the way...I knew i was going to love your writing when I saw your profile and read "and I never have and never will - know where the comma goes." Oh yeah! I laughed out loud with glee. What IS it with those damn commas?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for that - yes! commas are like math to me, I just don't get it.
    BUT... I get a lot of other things, especially that one you speak of as beauty. It is everywhere isn't it? You have to look under the dark curtain - lift it up - golden light ! Thanks for the words of encouragement xo

    ReplyDelete