Monday, December 11, 2017

Just for you

                                                                               
               Mornin'. I find that I cut my hair shorter and shorter each year. Can you see how short there by my ear?  I secretly want to shave my head but I have so many lumps and bumps that it would not look chic at all like some people do, probably just scary.

                   Goin' out to lunch with MJ, makeup is a miracle. Tied it back in the tiniest ponytail ever. I'm a grown woman and I still call it a "ponytail", silly. But what else could you call it?


I don't know why my selfie's always come out a bit out of focus. I have to take my glasses off so it actually looks like this to me on the camera...out of focus. But I do exactly the same thing with the camera when I take a picture of one of the shell things close up and then they are in focus. ??? **    I have a big red dot on my forehead my bags seem to have disappeared....again, makeup! Thank you camera gods. I think part of my arm is in focus. I have the blinds closed to stop that blast of sun. I moved the computer because before it was right next to that window and I was freeeezing watching a movie at night. It's a bit better on the far end of the room. This room doesn't have heat, only because the heat vent is in the little alcove below that window and it hangs out in mid air with nothing underneath it so all the heat is lost in minutes. A real architectural bloop. I have a little heater by my feet that works really well and so far I have paid enough attention to it to keep myself from catching on fire.

I want you to know that I do survive all this shit with, most of the time, a smile on my face. Because really, what can you do? Cancer, money, no roommate - it's life. There is a part of my brain that thinks hardships are pretty much a way to get inside. To the place in the center where I really have to unclench. That's were my breath goes. It's the place where fear grabs so hard, like a fist, that I can't get the breath in. People always say - breathe, breathe, you will feel better. Even though it's true, it's exhausting to hear it sometimes. - sometimes it's just fuck, fuck, fuck - My grip isn't easy to break, but if I don't let go I know it will squeeze the life right out of me . I'm often outside of that center and it can take me awhile to even remember that it's even there. So I'm giving it to the other and putting my energy into believing that someone else will come into this house who knows that idea. Kind of balance the seesaw. For me and probably for them, babes on a seesaw, we all are.  PS here; I always hold my neck and shoulder muscles so tight when I am stressed that my head shakes and my neck aches, aches! Now that! is really hard to unclench.


I'm listening to Charlie Brown Christmas music in the sunshine and looking for a cookie recipe. Baking is a go to for joy and calm for me and Charlie, well, who can not feel good with Charlie Brown?  It is very cold here - I love a winter kitchen with the oven on - and the water in the bird bath froze last night, but the sun melted it pretty fast. The chickadees are going hard at the bird feed.

Politics and worldwide insanity are out in the cold today where they can stay for awhile. Boy, those things can really put a grip on that center!  I'm not going to think of calling out men, or women in stupid just-as-good-as naked outfits or tights that are inappropriate and not just for comfort. Give me a break...I have a whole lot to say about that one! I'm thinking about sugar and flour and butter! And walnuts and maybe morello cherries or toffee.....ahhhhh!

** Ah ha!  It's because I'm trying to take the pic. with one hand...so I can't hold the camera still. I hope it's a good day for you, no clenching.

16 comments:

  1. I have Breathe tattooed on my wrist and still can’t manage it most days. It’s to much. It’s easier to go into a ball and just be overwhelmed and cry.

    You look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. A tattoo that says Breathe? That is so cool. At least people will think you do it then :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get about halfway there and then the anxiety gets to be too much. It’s a start but since my full blown panic is way, way worse than a normal person I have a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do a great job and you are sooo inspiring, Birdie, you really are.xo

      Delete
  4. I like the first picture best, and I love the short hair. I appreciate when bloggers are honest and dig deep, turning their struggles and pain into art. This is what you did so profoundly in the "fuck fuck fuck...really hard to unclench" paragraph. For those few moments, as I read it, I was there with you. And I think you know how much I care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know how much you care, Colette. And I also know you "get it". Thanks so much.

      Delete
  5. I go to a yoga class twice a week. great for unclenching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do a short yoga routine in the morning. But a class would be great too.

      Delete
  6. Lovely pic. There does seem to be a lot of shit in life. I've had too much shit lately. I'm going to advocate for less shit in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I agree, so I am going to put you on my advocate list and I sure hope I am on yours.

      Delete
  7. Lovely to see your face all smiles and shining. You cheer me up on a dark day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad I do! I always know you are telling the truth. That's the best kind of blog!

      Delete
  8. You look good!!! I don’t know if my comments are coming through, so trying this one as anonymous.

    Love ya,
    SJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they must not be. I think I got one way back. So I was just thinking the other day "I wonder if SJ is reading...but she is probably so busy with prince charming :))) You know, you could write a post and let us know just a little bit of how that wonderful thing came about, hint-hint.

      Delete
    2. Consider me inspired!! I’ll have to sit down and flex my writing muscles tonight

      Delete
    3. I miss your writing! You don't know how good your are. Your style is wonderful - now flex those muscles, girl!

      Delete