Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Buddha came for coffee

Look at me, three post's in a row! Wow. But this one is even more important, for me at least, than the other two this last week.

When you least expect it, Buddha shows up with wisdom that knocks you on your butt **.  Thank God.

"The root of suffering is attachment", so says my companion, that only my heart can see, across the table by the window. I find coffee shops to often be temples of wisdom.  I'm not one to believe in God in an absolute sense, but Buddha is different. Like the I Ching, I listen, their words reveal and resonate in a way that my simple mind can absorb. I didn't ask for this knowledge, it just sits there, and I just sit there empty, open.  What I had been asking for was someone else to fill a need, I craved it.  The attachment to the outcome is suffering.

I have deleted the blog so I can not read or comment, but that is only for awhile. It is my job to take care of myself, to fill the space, no one else is responsible for that task.  I will go back, soon I hope, because I love this blogger and I have no desire to end that loving.  I'm a fool to walk away permanently and I need to let that lesson really sink in because I can not carry on with the things I need to accomplish in this life pulling a weight behind me. If I can keep my hands open to the grace, when I return, I'll return clean, with no needs.  Practice, practice, practice.

A dear girlfriend of mine says that love is complicated and it is. I'm not going to be able to uncomplicate it. I want it in my life no matter where it lands up, no matter if returned or even accepted. Buddha is so right, attachment causes the pain.  And probably, most likely, this love is actually returned, it just comes in a different door.

                                                             Keep it open.                                 
                                                                        







**I do have a tendency to forget everything within about 48 hrs.  practice, practice.
                                                                       

12 comments:

  1. That attachment. Those expectations. They throw me to the floor. Every. Single. Time.
    You are not alone in that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so right, we are the only ones that can fill the hole in ourselves. lots of wisdom from the buddha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't understand much of this post, only that you are searching, and trying to land in a place of non-attachment. so wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It relates to the last few posts and my inability to accept the rejection (of a sort) from a fellow blogger, and how to deal with that.
      I'm not wise at all, at least I never feel that way - but if I can grab a hold of Buddha's wisdom, that would be wise.

      Delete
  4. I see someone opening up and accepting. Come what may. That's good. :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't win em all. It blows. Sometimes no matter what else we have, a gaping space remains. But perspective and acceptance is a powerful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Well that took long enough, didn't it? ;)
    You are so right, your input is always spot on. Thanks SJ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So True... the depth of our Pain can and is often measured by the depth of our Love and Attachment. I am not very good at detachment and sometimes I've had to learn to Let Go of certain things... and relationships... that cause an unhealthy amount of Pain... or limit my exposure. I'm so glad to hear you are focusing upon Self Care, we each deserve to be Good to ourselves first... and then we can be in the best condition for others we Care for and about. Hugs... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lesson you've already learned, Dawn. That's a very good thing!

    ReplyDelete