Friday, May 12, 2017

An Early Wish To Mothers around the world

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU AND ALL MOTHERS AROUND THE WORLD
        WHO  LOVE AND NURTURE AND BRING COMFORT TO ANOTHER LIFE.  

               THANK YOU 💗

I post the following every year to honor all the mother's that don't fit the standard image or definition of what we think of when we think of this day. This time I want to add my best wishes also to those who mother, not recognized for what they contribute to the world.

You are seen, you of other genders who mother. You who mother your neighbors children. You who mother animals. You who mother through your financial contributions to children in need.  You teachers who provide mothering to children who might not receive enough at home. You who mother foster children. And for all the children who have to mother themselves. You are no less to be honored today than any other mother who gives succor and safety and Love.

               THANK YOU 💗

"Mothers in shelters. Mothers separated from their children for reasons they don't understand.  Mothers grieving at the graves of departed children gone before their time and mothers sitting at the beds of terminally ill children.  Mothers in prison and mothers separated from their children because of their own addictions.  Mothers without hope who are mourning children who have been taken by spouses who's whereabouts are not known. Mothers holding hungry babies in refugee camps. Mothers whose children have been hurt or disabled in ways neither they nor we can reason nor change. Mothers who have been forgotten by their children today. All mothers suffering every where in this world.   And most especially to mothers, who today, have lost a child."


               THANK YOU 💗

                   

                photo by H.G. Kaiser circa 1915


                                                        

18 comments:

  1. You have the sweetest, kindest heart. I always look forward to reading your posts because you touch my heart every damn time! Happy Mother's Day to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you, you dear woman. I hope it is a lovely day for you.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. An especially happy Mother's Day to you, Deb.

      Delete
  3. And a very happy Mother's day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, and more than a little heartbreaking. Thank you for making me think. I hope your Mother's Day is happy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very happy day for most, but not for all. I wish I could make them all happy.

      Happy Mother's Day to you, Jenny.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful post. Happy Mother's Day! :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you :) and my best regards to your wife - Happy Mother's Day to her from across this big pond!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. It's lovely to know that someone from so far away connected here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would reply to you, Anonymous, if I knew who you were.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reply or no reply is up to you. It is your blog. Was just curious as you mentioned in earlier post about Europe plans. I prefer to stay 'Anonymous'. Happy planning to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Liv. I have just read your June 5th comment on John Gray(Going Gentlry)'s post. I am sorry to hear that your are lonely. I lost my beloved husband eleven weeks ago and am fighting lonelinee before it engulfs me. Please do get in contact - perhaps we can chat and help one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will soon and I appreciate your offer very much.

      Delete
  11. Hope all is well, Liv. Miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Elle. I don't think I can do this any more. I'm gonna write one more post and then I think I'm going to shut it down for awhile. But thanks for the comment.

      Delete